Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Still on Rob...

I am in cooling autumn of my life
He is in the fresh and bursting new of spring
I am someone’s grandmother, mother and wife
He is free and single, a keen independent fledegling

I have trusted, been betrayed, lost and found
He has only begun find himself in love, fame and ambition
I have been stretched out, taken in, tossed up and aground
He is being built up, set up and feted with global fascination

Different stories across different times
Different needs seeking different fulfillments
Different dreams, reasons and rhymes
Different realities, circumstances and environments

But surely deep in our separate hearts
There beats a common if bloody rhythm
Though on life’s stage we play divergent parts
We converge on the same colossal anthem:
To live every moment, to love and to be
To treasure the past, remember and learn
To look to the future, create a destiny
To give and take; to cry and laugh in turn...

Our lives will mean whatever we will
If i end up happy, and if also he
Then we both be in some unison still...

Thus i stay here and i watch him there
Thus I celebrate my life and rejoice in his
Thus i continue to cherish and care
Though i ache and ache and miss

Just knowing he will be ever courageous
Taking what will come “on the chin”
In heartache or fortune most outrageous
His fortitude will give me comfort within

For i know what is real and will stay true
Though my heart catches itself in a sob
The exquisite and inerrant miracle of you
I will eternally love, my one true Rob!

(written on 26/10/09, in a dramatic mood!! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)