Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Bells

I heard the bells on Christmas Day,
Their old familiar carols play
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth and goodwill to men!

And I thought how, as I remember now,
My staying obsession and undying passion
I thank God for the creation
Of my lovely Rob on earth, Hallelujah and Amen!

Till screaming and squealing through the walls
I heard the fangirls fill the halls
The frenzied mob, stalking Rob
No more peace on earth for him, nor goodwill then!

From each crazy and screeching demanding mouth
The paps followed him east and west, north and south
And with his back against the wall
It seemed there’s no escape for Rob at all
No peace on earth for Rob nor goodwill then…?

And in despair I bowed my head
“There is no peace for Rob,” I said
“For their hunger for Robnews and Robpics are strong
And their disrespectful ways mock the song
Preaching “Peace on Earth, good will to men!”

Then I heard London’s bells peal loud and deep,
Rob is in his own British home and fast asleep!
The wonderful relief, the hopeful belief
His family and friends will help him mend
And find him some peace on earth and goodwill then!

I pray for Rob to have a joyful Christmas time,
I wish him love and a calming mind sublime,
I believe pursuing paps and fangirls will fail,
His own bright and sparkling self to prevail
With peace for him on earth; good luck, Rob, and Amen!”

(With due love and respect to Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, that jolly good fellow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)