Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A lament

I look at this unbelievable picture of you and,
Well, I just want to cry…
You are so very young and even more beautiful and,
Yeah, I just want to die…
I have loved in my own way,
Yep, and I have lived.
But until I saw how You look today,
No, I would not have believed…

A woman all grown, no more dreamy girl,
A woman who had cried and given birth,
A woman who traveled and seen the world,
Had never seen a You on this whole earth…

Why were you born so heartbreaking?
Why were you born at all?
For you are ever beyond my taking -
I could never touch you at all!

For all that I could weep at this tragedy,
Of my doomed and most helpless fate;
I can still laugh at the black comedy
Of you coming into my life so late!

Boy, why were you born so heartbreaking?
Child, why were you born at all?
Son, you are worth all my years of waiting….
But, of course, I would never touch you at all…

This woman all grown, once innocent girl,
This woman who rejoiced in giving birth,
This woman will give up all her world…
To have You born a much, much earlier birth…

So, I just look at this picture of you and,
Well, I still want to cry.
But you are too young and way too beautiful and,
Yeah, really makes me want to die.

If I can have things my own way,
If I can give up all that I believe…
For You, I will give every and all away
To have you to stay…
Stay, so I can live…


(composed on 29/7/09 pm, still hurting from my fight with my husband, missing him and also very depressed and down. so this was a cathartic lament in empathy with those Rob-sisters who are "of a certain age" who often question the appropriateness of our Robsession and Rob-addiction...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)