Monday, December 21, 2009

A man for all seasons

He is just like a brand new spring morning…
Lightening up the remains of the night,
Washing the dark off with cascading light,
Persuading sleepy birds back into song,
Scattering memories of yesterday all gone,
Offering the promise of a rejuvenating start
Where I can once more try my part
To make something of this precious and daily gift
For another chance to give my life a reaching lift:
He is just like a brand new spring morning…

He is like the heat of a summer afternoon…
Sucking up the vapours from my daily toil,
Making the white clouds form, swirl and broil,
Till pregnant with their weighty burdens
They tip their moisture to wet my gardens;
So I learn to tolerate the rising temperature,
Even as I sweat and wait for more clement weather,
I know that the sweet relief will come for sure
I know to be patient, to stay and to endure:
He is like the heat of a summer afternoon…

He is my cooling breeze of an autumnal evening…
When all my work at long last is done,
And I witness the dipping of the exhausted sun,
When I sit with him at evening meal or supper
And enjoy the close of another day together,
Knowing that we have done all that we could
To do what’s due and right and good,
Looking forward to our well-earned and just desserts
To assuage our stress and soothe the collected hurts:
He is my cooling breeze of an autumnal evening…

He is like a deep and sacred winter’s night…
When in the dwindling of the straggling hours
We snuggle close up in a space all ours,
And take the time to taste, savor and explore
The paradise of each other’s bodies once more…
To love eagerly like young virginal spouses,
And do whatever our mutual desire arouses,
Then to feast, gorge and devour in every which way
Letting only our need for each other to hold sway:
He is like a deep and sacred winter’s night…

He is my man of all seasons…
For whatever it is that my life will offer and bring
In the seasons of autumn, winter, summer, spring;
I am convinced of my transcending capacity
If I have him dwelling and abiding with me;
And as the seasons do come and run in turn,
And ice does ever chill and fires ever burn,
I will forever love him with perpetual fidelity,
He is my only one and he will always be:
He is my man for all seasons…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)