Saturday, December 12, 2009

Looking through the eyes of Rob…

He makes eyes at me through the camera lens:
I wonder if he knows, though it makes no sense,
About the effect of his indescribable gaze
Across the distance and dividing space?

Looking at those blue-green or aqua orbs
Looking back in the way that is distinctively Rob’s,
Feeling his eyes pierce right through to my soul,
He renders me to smithereens, he renders me whole…

Whether he knows it or whether not
Does not change the experience or truth one jot:
He is omnipresent and omniwonderful,
He is ubersexy and uberbeautiful!

So unquestionably and irrevocably true,
Rob owns me and I pay my due;
In dutiful piety and sinful idolatory,
I indulge in constant Rob-pervery!

Those eyes be windows into his inner psyche,
They beguile and entice and imprison me;
To wonder in amazement and wonder in vain
If he knows he causes joy as well as pain…

What man is this who wields such dreadful power?
Steel spine residing within pale cornflower?
If his eyes be the causes of how I think and feel,
Then he is a wizard and his magic’s for real!

So, I cannot drag myself away from their beckoning,
I stay and I dwell and I continue my falling
Into the depthless, endless and forever abyss…
Into those dreamy and terrible eyes of his…

(written upon contemplating a particularly arresting photo featuring Rob’s eyes…)

2 comments:

  1. Looking at those blue-green or aqua orbs
    Looking back in the way that is distinctively Rob’s,
    Feeling his eyes pierce right through to my soul,
    He renders me to smithereens, he renders me whole…
    My thoughts exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah my littleredfiat,
    we are like a litte duet...
    so nice to have you visit me at this spot
    come again and your comments mean a lot...
    ciao bella!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)