Thursday, January 7, 2010

He lives!

Somewhere in the space of a quieter moment
When I might take myself off into a cubbyhole
Sit alone with my thoughts bobbing on idle current
And reflect upon what’s weighing down my soul
I am living a full and contented life
Not poor nor rich but keeping head above water
A devoted mother and a cherished wife
No reason to regret or rue or suffer…
So what gives?
Within the intimate contours of my soul’s domain
Is a huge carved out hollow
Echoes of a girlish dream remain
And bid me take leave and follow
My soul yearns to take a break from daily round
And soar above the normal and ordinary
Enter into a fantasy realm of sense-surround
And drown in the unbelievable space of He…
He now lives!
He is breathing and living and being
Living miracle of integrated magic and awe
He is playing and writing and singing
Pulsating heat that draws me to his core
Like a moth to the candle’s fatal fire
I am pulled to his irresistible centre
Altered high with unquenchable desire
I go unremittingly to my final surrender…
Now what gives?
He does not ask for anything from me at all
He is not aware of the consequences he created
He does not ask for any to love him or to fall
Every decision was totally self-selected
So he carries on insouciantly pure of intentions
While my soul flounders and loses its compass
I must desist and resist all open temptations
And stay, and return to where I was first
So what gives?
My soul will return to its original residence
Lodged entire within my human heart
Practice fidelity and resilience
Playing out with integrity my chosen part
I pledge allegiance to my conjugal commitment
And remember the man I do love so well
And when in some other quieter moment
I might speak from my soul again and tell…
Yes, He lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)