Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dear God...

This is my earnest and fervent prayer
To a God who might or might not be there:
Thank you so much for your awesome creation,
The wonder that is Robert Thomas Pattinson!
Not only for his unbelievably beautiful face,
Or how he moves with perambulatory grace;
Not only for heartbreaking and evocative vocals,
Or any of the other perfect little miracles
Of perfect eyes, ears, jaw, chin or lips,
Languid limbs, torso or seductive hips;
From the fulsome hair on top of his head
to the soles of the feet that cushion his tread;
all are marvels worthy of praise and mention
but i do have now another intention:
Please grant me the boon to meet him in person!
I want us to share a single conversation,
Please let me have my simple petition!
I want to experience him for my very own,
Your inimitable cherubim now all grown...
He who is still young and tender of years
Might air his dreams, anxieties or fears
I might proffer those gifts rendered unto me
To encourage and grow his will to be happy...
Oh, that he might live healthy and long and well
And that he might prosper and thrive and excel
That he may know true love and strong
And inherent differences of right from wrong...
What is it that is required of me
To perform this heartfelt homily?
For i have lived through adversity,
Survived with little shame and less timidity,
I wish for him the superior experience,
Courageous resolution and moral resilience;
Might he be spared the shafts of fickle fate,
Insights clarified and known too late,
Maybe he would stay as happy as he seems to be
Filling up the hours and the spaces of me...
But i know this prayer is born of selfish womb,
He needs his own lessons from cradle to tomb;
To think to spare him all hurt and pain
Is to ask for something futile and in vain;
So i must watch him navigate his path,
Witness the journey and the aftermath,
Wishing with every breath for his salvation
To bask me in his victory in reflection...
Ah, such a poignant and tender mercy then,
To behold this boy become a man,
Watch him love and lose and cry,
Watch him fledge and spring and fly,
To watch him buoyed in his own abundance,
Dazzling with fresh and livly exuberance...
Still, it would be a wonderful prize
To be able to gaze into his ever eyes,
To know for real the indisputable thrill
Of him before me, alert and still;
To truly share the joy he brings to me,
By breathing, by living, by being he;
I just want him to hear and know
How i truly deeply madly love him so...
So, God, if you are really here or there somewhere:
Prove it! Grant me my prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)