Thursday, June 17, 2010

Why I go to RAoR...

I come here to get lost
And shake off some Real Life frost
I come here to leave the closet’s dark
And have some fun and a little lark
I come to be with other women
Who similarly adore Rob Pattinson
I come to air my Rob-besotted views aloud
Far away from the judging madding crowd
I come to share what small tricks I possess
To ventilate, to opine, to cry and to confess…
I love to pop into this pervy and lusty site
And keep myself occupied any day or night!
Enjoying other sisters and their postings
Adoring all the Rob pics, vids and things
I love that every one is usually very free
And comments peppered with Rob-perversity
And when we have different points of view
That we usually give doubts the benefits due
There have been times I have felt hurt
But I chose not to confront or assert
Because I AM mindful of the bigger picture
And I AM clear about why I am here….
I am here because of all of YOU
Although Robert is the portal through
It is the warmth and love that is so often given
That makes my path to RAoR so well-trodden
Most times most people are wonderfully generous
And their support and comments sweet and precious
These positives are far more as like the rule
The exceptions I sweep out to the draining pool
So while in real life I need to keep my poise
And shut out my broken and inner voice
When I have time to drop in here at RAoR
I let myself go and ROAR and ROAR!
Thank you for this sweet sanctuary
That fills my appetite to be really me
If everyone is just as Robsessed as I am
I don’t give a flying fuck or damn!
But I do believe in the humanity
Of humble celebration of diversity
Every story has its own take on truth
Our own must never be without some ruth
We must remember to dwell in solidarity
And every hurt felt is felt too by me
I am sure I must have also offended
In ways that were not planned or intended
So I will beg you forgive and indulge some more
Because I really need to come here and ROAR!!
(In response to JAG's question as to why people visit the RAoR website after some unhappy correspondence posted there...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)