Friday, July 2, 2010

Rob's heart donor registry

The love that I feel is inappropriate
He is come into my life way too late
The passion he ignites feeds my mind
Its reach leaves my body far behind
Nothing is impossible in imagination
Every desire within my fancy’s creation
And I can be as limber, as keen and as light
Immensely tireless every day and night….
But the gossips report he loves another
A girl more suited, prettier and younger
And of course it may only be conjecture
Neither he nor she has said for sure…
Oh, but how my heart is breaking
Every fibre inside me is aching
For the sheer inevitability
Of him loving someone not me…
Then let her be very deserving
Of the treasured love he is offering
For I cannot bear the tragedy
His heartbreak will spell death for me!
Far better that I serve a vital part
And register the use of my faithful heart
So if she should ever break his own
He can have mine on limitless loan!
To throb strongly within his breast
The rhythm of one who loved him best
And though it will mean the end of me
I am first on Rob’s heart donor registry!
Love whomever you please, my darling
As long as she keeps you brightly sparkling
Just let this part of what makes me live
Be my ultimate wedding tribute to give…
And if she proves unfeeling or untrue
At least I will beat on inside of you
Oh, that you will never need the deal!
Oh, that she will love you forever for real!
And that my Rob heart donor registry
Will remain just a fallback fantasy
Loving you with it is my constant plan
You beautiful, delighting immortal man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)