Saturday, January 8, 2011

Today is for Elvis…

On this eighth day of January
I pause to recollect and remember
Cherish and polish the memory
Oh him whom I love forever…
Today is for Elvis
wherever he may be,
I will always have this
His spirit resides with me
Whenever his voice takes flight
And weaves magic out of ether
Every wrong becomes a right
Every poor thing is richer

So dear Elvis,
Thank you for your music
Thank you for your life
For undoing my personal tragic
And helping me survive
I love you eternally
As long as I have breath
None can remove you from me
Not even your personal death
I will behold your face
On that one future day
In that happy place
On paradise’s way
Though I know not when
I believe it to be true
So until that fine encounter then
May God’s bosom harbor you!
(Elvis's birthday wishes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)