Friday, August 13, 2010

Staying sane, staying same

All invasive and opinionated people who mean well
Can take their patronizing intentions and go straight to hell!
I don’t need their obsequious patronage or looks of pity!
I don’t care for their so-called caring, concern or sympathy!
They think that I have gone stir-crazy and plain mad,
They reckon my plight is tragic and way beyond sad,
They believe I should revert to my former good sensibility,
And stop this juvenile and pathetic tomfoolery:
Because the subject of my irrational affection
Is eligible for any and every kind of objection...

He is way too young and he is not known to me;
He is a popular and international celebrity;
He is beloved and adored by every hormonal girl;
He is just the current flavor of celluloid world...
How can a woman of otherwise clear intelligence
Be party to such an unthinkable unsuitable indulgence?

But I know who he is and I know who I am,
I love myself way too much to give a damn!
A mature woman is just a girl who has become all grown,
Only she now knows better and has a mind of her own;
Her mind remains sharp and her girly bits as intact,
Her heart still thrives on passion and that is a fact!
Her desire is no less though her skin is less smooth;
She can still burn with the fires from her transpired youth!
She can still love and she can still lust;
She can still dream and she can still trust;
She can still hope and she can still believe
Though faith is too long and life is too brief...
What matters is that he is here,
He is everything she holds dear:
Every single fervent prayer;
Every mischief she did dare;
Every regret from her past
Reminds her to hold fast!

He makes me want to smile and sing!
He renews each old mundane thing!
He makes me want to laugh out loud!
He silvers the lining of each cloud!
He lifts my mood when I am blue;
He reminds me about what is true:
Love is love no matter the form,
Though it be strange and butts the norm;
If that love sustains and keeps me young,
And helps me up yet another rung,
Who am I to question its verity
When it keeps me centred in its clarity?

I have loved too often and too much
To mistake its subtle but familiar touch;
I have come far and survived this journey
Because I have always been true to me!
I love how he makes me feel this way!
I love how he makes me feel today!

So all my critics who mean so well
Can take their interfering tails to hell!
I am happy in my present condition:
Besotted and addicted to Robert Pattinson!
(after another well-meaning "talk" from a concerned "friend"...pffftt!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)