Saturday, August 7, 2010

A letter to Rob

I know I am not the first one, alright?
To cry useless tears into the pillow at night,
To wish and pine for what is plainly out of sight,
To resist and deny the unwinnable fight:
To pray for Time to turn its face,
To put me right back into the race,
To have the chance and associated grace,
To receive his words, his smile, his gaze…
Oh, that I could have just one endless moment,
To be that blessed and lucky woman,
To speak in tones all clear and fervent,
As besotted slave and dedicated handmaiden…

Sir, you fill me up and you complete me,
You resurrect and you deplete me,
You infect my soul and you invade me,
You brighten me up and then you fade me…
I know you know the meaning of this:
A kiss, imagined or stolen, is still a kiss,
A bliss, however experienced, is still a bliss,
Though reason and logic both go amiss…
It was never, really, only just about you,
Though all is predicated on how you do,
My own aspirations are emerging through
That magical portal embodied by you…
You have been my own best mate,
I wove your life into my own fate,
And even that you have come too late,
My passion and need do not abate;
With you come memories of my youth,
When thoughts about Love obscured the truth
Of the red and the black of each claw and tooth
Of Life that is without compassion, pity or ruth;
And I find myself in your engulfing sphere,
When all buried desires and drives reappear
To banish the regrets and face down my fear
And follow that still small voice in inner ear…

“Be!” That is the whole of the monosyllable
So much contained in so very little,
For what of what’s right? What of what’s acceptable?
When life is too short and provably mutable?

Sir, you inspirit and you animate me,
You heal me as you reveal me,
How wonderful it is to be me
Living here now and beholding thee!

[Remembering Elvis and simply delighting again in his "company"; Reminded of how Rob is occupying that Elvis space now, and revelling in the company of all the lovely like-minded women similarly smitten by this Brit! <3]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)