Saturday, March 6, 2010

One day...

One day…
When shadows materialize independently,
And need no light to sustain their form,
The obsession that rivets me currently
Might remit and triteness be my norm;
When rainbows appearing off the blue
Incur no rapt or reverent awe,
And children not nag for prolonged view,
Such miracles rendered common law;
When poets cease to dream or imagine
That Love and Hope will finally cohere,
Like blue and red of pregnant aubergine:
To just be, hold and glow together;


Maybe then…
When these impossibilities come to pass,
And the world not delight or surprise,
My love might dim and die at last,
The fire expiring from mine eyes…
No waves will seek the patient shore,
So they break at sea without respite,
And the rising sun will hold no store
For moon to grace ensuing night;
Then might owls desert the looming dark
And remove the last of what is wise,
No room for cooing dove or lark,
To stay and sing, or philosophise;

Then perhaps…
When all optimism is leached from me,
And Life gives in to sleepless rust,
My ardor for him will cease to be
And I slowly crumble to invisible dust…
And I begin to forget to remember
The exquisite allure of his face,
His voice with specific tone and timbre,
Infusing all with its fragile grace…
My soul won’t ache to bring him close,
And my brain stops innovating to learn
Ways to touch him who is loved the most:
The unreachable Robbie Pattinson!

So here is today…
While earth still spins on its axis,
And our species not yet extinct or rare,
He remains top on my wishing list,
His star stays tantalizing rare!
He remains perimeter and circumference,
He remains constant centre of my all
Rob remains my only living preference,
He stays king in this besotted woman’s hall!

One day...
He will not be the first occupying my mind,
Or my day's last distracting thought,
Memories of him will be hard to find,
Traces of him no longer seen nor sought;
His name will elicit no skipping beat
From a heart thoroughly ossified and pale,
For I must be dead woman's meat,
Cast far from the living vale...

Until then...
He stays my perfect darling stranger,
Dominating each emerging moment,
Call me neither puss nor cat or cougar,
No label need brand my fervent;
Just him breathing in and out unerringly,
Filling up his life with bountiful substance,
I will exist correspondingly,
His living provides me sustenance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)