Saturday, March 13, 2010

My hubby remembers me…

My hubby is looking over to me
Confirming his wife is stir crazy
When told she will be going to see
Her eighth session of Remember Me;

He rolls his eyes in incredulity
And smirks most condescendingly -
“I hope you know you are too lucky
To have an indulgent sucker like me,
Who does not consider it adultery
When you do outrageous pervery
Get up to all kinds of cyber-naughty
With this Rob guy who is way too pretty
And far more young and far more wealthy…”

I smile and reply demurely
Remind him of my spousal piety
And of my overwhelming sincerity
And adoring his pandering to me;

“Remember when we chose to marry
Remember I was always weird territory
Recall all our past life and history
When raising our beloved progeny of three,
How we endured pain and tragedy
All those memories are of me!
So leave me to my fantasy
And trust I continue in fidelity,
You are the love of my life to me
Robert only my screen sweet pea…”

He waves as he walks away from me
One more backward glance to turn to see
Me smiling as broadly as broad can be
Me loving that he is watching me!

I love that he maintains his faith in me,
I love he knows better than to be contrary,
Sharing my past and future with me
I love that he loves and that he still remembers me…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)