Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dear Elvis...

My Elvis, who art in heaven
Forgive my devotion to Robert Pattinson
My ardor for you has been replicated
Into him has it now all been inserted
All my keen affection I reserved for you
Is now poured fully into him too…

Since you abandoned this worldly plane
Leaving me bereft and alone again
No one managed to fill your vacuum
Until he came and claimed more room
In the place I go for peaceful sanctuary
Created from imagined and sacred memory
Of a time when my life felt so shattered
I cared for no one and no one mattered...

How you rose up from the dark horizon
Brand new dawn of fresh hope and reason
Like a new way with clearer direction
Like a new savior with a sounder salvation
And your smile lit up your handsome face
Hail to your mother, so full of grace!
For such a son, such a redeeming messiah
Sheltering my life, rekindling my fire
Saving me from a shredded future
Releasing me from a cage of fear
Showing how beautiful a man can be
Tender and generous, giving to me
Pulchritude to fill my eyes
Music and song your special prize
To feed both of my listening ears
To drive off old hurts and tears

I remember loving you, dear Elvis,
With a depth and stillness just like this
I remember immersing in your tide
You all around me, you all inside
Looking at you looking at me
Forgetting real life or tragedy
Reveling in your singing for me
Your voice reverberates in my history

And now, Elvis, my most beloved Aaron,
Here is this Robert Thomas Pattinson
He causes me experience of déjà vu
I see him now so channeling you!

Different and same mesmerizing blue
Eyes that laugh and sparkle too
A face to again taunt poor Apollo
A voice fit to cut through to tomorrow
He is also gorgeous, dazzling to behold
As young in years as his spirit is old
He offers a similar careless stance and air
The less he seems to, the more I care...

Oh, I do believe in miracles
Prophecies, foresight and oracles
When such a one as like you as he
Can be born again and come to be!
I believe that history does repeat
Resigned hearts can learn once more to beat
Your unforgettable poise and style
Has returned to me again for a while...

And now through the medium of Robert Pattinson
Again I find my missed Presley, Elvis Aaron...

Elvis, my ever once and always King,
Robert, Love's incarnate and fond offspring!
And so much richer and sweeter now life can be
With both you guardian angels encompassing me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, bb....
    haven't been here for awhile, but love catching p!

    I sure love this one about Elvis. I was in love with him, too! But I'm with you...Rob has taken 1st place in my heart.

    Hope all is well, sweet lady!
    xoSus

    ReplyDelete
  2. my lovely cullenlady2
    cool to read comments from you
    yes, all is well as well can be
    under RL circumstances non too pretty
    but life is still great, ain't it
    with our gorgeous boy in it?

    come and visit again, my dear
    your kind words soothe my cyber ear!

    ciao bella!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)