Sunday, April 4, 2010

No can say goodbye to Rob

How can I say goodbye to you today
when there are so many other words to say
so many more ways to share with you
how it is I still stay true;
while you roam and wander far and wide
or find some secret place to hide
where no one can tell how you fare
or whom you are with while there;
rumours whispered on vines and wire
none verified and none the wiser
how can I say goodbye to you at all
when I am still at your beck and call;
though you never do call or even know
the extent to which I love you so
incomprehensible is this yearning
irreversible is this learning
that my days and nights are filled to bursting
you the cause of the hunger and the thirsting;
one casual glance of your face on paper
on screen in cinema or on home computer
renders all else dispensable
my appetite for you is incurable
never can I say goodbye to this thrall
many never know this thrill at all!
loving someone improbable and long distance
no incurring of logic will make a difference
all you need do is breathe in and out
nothing can hold more clout
than you existing and living your days
in all your funny familiar ways…
casual humour and lines off the cuff
silly banter aplenty and not nearly enough
quirky guffaw and infectious giggle
lopsided smile and shoulder wriggle
laughing eyes that almost disappear
when amused and touched by cheer
raking fingers through your hair
spelling your magic in the air
making all who watch you beguiled
happy to be led like an innocent child
till they find when they are sober again
enslaved willingly in your train…
no saying goodbye now nor anytime soon
sooner thread my needle to the moon
so here I am and here I will stay
besotted and bespoken in every way
only one more thing to say to you
Hello there, Rob! I still love you!
(Reiterating the madness of this Robsession!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)