Saturday, May 8, 2010

On Robert turning twenty-four on 13th May

See how Time’s winged chariot does fly by
Yesteryear is naught but a remembered sigh
And now, at last, I can feel a bit less guilty
As more years take him over twenty…

But what to say of this indescribable person -
The quintessentially lovely Robert Pattinson
That another dreamy girl or woman has not already,
Expressed in multi media in love and in idolatry?

That he is gorgeous and beautiful beyond compare.
The perfect stallion for every heated mare,
That his face can launch a thousand cars
And lights up the world and shame the stars?

That his voice is fashioned as of a muse,
His style is unique, his grace profuse,
His body is riveting in its intentional frame,
And spheres dance to the tune of his name?

That his eyes make promises remembered in sleep,
Dreaming of ecstasies beyond the quantum leap,
His smile speeds up global warming without fail,
He looks at the lens and I forget to exhale…??

So, I am wishing him a happy birth anniversary
But all the wishes are really just for me…
For all the pleasures he gives through no premeditation
Give my days and nights inexplicable gratification...

May his heart be always as pure and as simple,
May he be as successful as he is surely humble,
May everything he desires be within his ambit,
May ministering angels surround him and never quit;

May his path and mine cross one enchanted day,
May I have something really memorable to say,
May he have some delight in my company,
And may he, in some small way, remember me…

And may the day come for me at last,
When this mad obsession will come to pass,
And I can return to my ordinary way of being
Sans the pain of impossible Rob-yearning…

And may he never never ever ever be
Afflicted with this incurable and chronic malady,
To love one who is no closer than a prayer
But whose addictive molecules pervade the very air!

Happy birthday, Robert, sweet twenty four
A zillion merry returns and many more,
Live long, live well and survive me…
Life without you will be the death of me!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your poem on the occasion of Rob's bd. I especially identify with the third and second to last verses and love how you wouldn't ever wish this affliction on him - oh how it hurts sometimes! You said what I'm thinking.
    I think Rob would definitely remember you from this poem, let's hope he gets to read it because I'm sure he would love it and it would make a lasting impression on him. I wish I could write like you so I could have a chance of being memorable to Rob.
    I wish I could send ministering angels to him also, I love that thought and the last two lines are so clever.
    Thank you so much for this, I enjoyed every line.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. a big hello to you, dear "troutie",
    my new cyber friend and webbie,
    glad you enjoyed the poem for Robbie
    and thanks for your lovely words to me
    if you enjoyed this one
    go back and read some others i have done
    you might find yourself echoed there as well
    we have a lot in common, i can tell
    i love him as well as i ever can
    so glad to have you in the Robert band!
    <3s

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...:-)